Thursday, April 14, 2011

Seeing foster omma and appa again after 3 years!!

We were so excited when we found out that Micah's foster parents would be able to visit with us while we were in Korea picking up Asher MinOh! Today was the day! Micah has been excited about this all week!

We had brought some gifts and pictures for them, and Micah happily explained the pictures for them! He showed them his cousins, grandparents, and friends. They were happy to see the pictures of Micah from Chuseok and Seollal in the hanbok that they had given him and all of his friends in theirs!

As the meeting was drawing to a close, they asked us to go out to lunch with them. It was an awesome lunch! We had Shabu shabu which is a Japanese hotpot. Very similar to fondue! There was so much food!!


There was salad, a pickled food plate (for lack of a better term!), beef, noodles, dumplings, vegetables, rice cakes, rice and seafood (octopus, shrimp, clams, what appeared to be a baby lobster)! So much food! It just kept coming! And so yummy! While I am not crazy about seafood beyond fish, I decided to be adventurous and try the octopus and clam that foster appa put in my bowl! They were very chewy...
Foster appa did the cooking in the hotpot! He even fed me and Jeramy off the tongs which I thought was sweet. I'll have to ask my Korean friends about this!

Micah took the next two pictures! I have to say that he did pretty well!
Foster appa-VICTORY!!

Foster omma-VICTORY!!

On the way back to our hotel, foster appa suddenly pulled over. We thought he needed directions. Instead he grabbed Micah out of the car and took him into a toy store so he could pick out a toy from them!
Micah explaining to foster omma who all robots on the box were!
Back at our hotel it was time to say goodbye unfortunately. We told them we'd be back to Korea in a few years to see them again. They were so generous and kind and loving to Micah and to us, and we are so grateful that they were Micah's foster parents.

Tonight as Micah was going to bed he said, "I want to see my foster omma again." I told him we would see them again in a few years and until then we had their pictures and happy memories. Then he said, "I love my foster omma. I love my foster appa." I'm so grateful that my son has these two people to connect with in his birth country!




6 comments:

Steve and Mellissa said...

You did it again! I'm crying. So happy for Micah And you guys.

Across the Miles Photography said...

Oh my goodness. I am sitting here crying & I am covered in goosebumps! This is the sweetest thing I've read! I love that you've had this amazing experience. What an incredible trip to Korea this has been!!!

Kellie

The Pickle Family said...

What a beautiful experience! I love it, so touching seeing Micah with his foster parents! They show such genuine love for him! So beautiful!!!

IP Journey said...

Wow! How wonderful and special for Micah and your family!

Michele said...

I am clapping my hands and laughing while tears stream down my face! Micah did so awesome bowing for foster appa and foster omma - and they gave him $$! Imo is so proud of him! What a dream this whole trip has been!

EmLee said...

Aw, Erica, this totally brought tears to my eyes too - what an amazing moment for one amazing family :)